Mmmmmmmmm. Ooooooooooo! Ahhhhhh!
Sounds that emanated from the Ashland Springs Hotel Grand Ballroom, Conservatory, and Crystal room were harmoniously happy with the offerings at the 9th annual Oregon Chocolate Festival this past weekend.
Glasses and plates up to Karolina of the Springs who started this event 9 years ago. Cassie, Danielle, Jacob, and all the rest of the crew put forth a great and effective effort to show guests a lovely time. Several community partners helped enhance the event as well. Here’s the link to the fest.
We had the pleasure of providing edutainment both Saturday and Sunday: Beer & Chocolate tastings and pairings. We traveled through the tastings enhanced with great questions asked by the guests. Thanks to everyone who joined us! T’was fun to see some familiar faces return as well. Hope to see you all again next year at the fest.
As promised and is our habit to share, here are the two workshop menus. All beers generously provided by Standing Stone Brewing Company, Ashland OR.
- SSBC I Love Oregon Ale with Dagoba Lemon Ginger Chocolate
- 2013 Chocolate Festival SSBC Chocolate Ale with Dagoba Xocolatl
- SSBC Oatmeal Stout with Dagoba Chai Chocolate
- SSBC Barleywine with Dagoba Roseberry Chocolate
- 2013 Chocolate Festival SSBC Chocolate Ale with Lillie Belle Perfect Illusion Chocolate
- SSBC Oatmeal Stout with Lillie Belle Stella Blue Chocolate
- SSBC Barleywine with Lillie Belle Purple Haze Chocolate
Thanks much to Dagoba Chocolates and Lillie Belle Handmade Chocolates for letting us feature their yummy wares.
We also mentioned a few references for learning more about beer:
- Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer, Maureen Ogle
- Fermenting Revolution: How to Drink Beer and Save the World, Chris O’Brien
- Tasting Beer, Randy Mosher
- Beer Wars, Anat Baron
In the meantime, until next year, call on Women Enjoying Beer for your own events. We’re available to hire to edutain and enjoy “beer and…” whatever you may have in mind.