NOTE: This post was originally drafted during our HomeFreeTour, which started in September 2009. Enjoy the post & thanks for reading.
Our friend April in Kirkland WA was good enough to invite some friends over for a tasting while we’re on the road. It was huge fun and I believe all the good humored guests learned at least a few new things about beers and ciders.
This is my first mention of cider I think…and they fit nicely for diets that require glutenfree beverages. Plus here in the Northwest, where I currently am, apples abound!! Whew!
Here’s what the menu looked like (foods gotten at Trader Joe’s).
- Course 1 – Redbridge with soft tangy Chevre on soyrice crackers
- Course 2 – Newton’s Folly Draft Cider with Washington Honeycrisp apples, apple smoked garlic cheddar cheese, and corn/potato/rice tortilla chips
- Course 3 – Fox Barrel Black Currant Cider with fresh spinach &mixed greens salad with local melon, pears, and almonds and a touch of champagne gorgonzola dressing
- Course 4 – Green’s Discovery Amber Ale with freshly smoked salmon
- Course 5 – Bard’s Gold with Dagoba chocolates
Mmmmmmmm….All Gluten Free, all flavorful and fresh.