In a few days I’ll be in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. Since it’ll be my first trip there I’m excited to see an area of the planet friends and colleagues often rave about as truly gorgeous. An outdoor paradise. Sign me up!
And it’s because of an invite to present a keynote talk at this conference that I’ll be going. The fine folks at Crankworx initiated the conversation – they want to continue to grow their industry and better serve a broader population. Enter: Marketing to women.
Like some of my other clients, the organizers “stumbled upon” the WEB site and wanted to hear more. Finding out if there was a fit for their conference in the message and insight I could deliver happened next. Suffice to say, it’s looking like an excellent fit. Here’s why.
1. From what my hosts tell me, mountain biking is still majority populated with male enthusiasts.
2. They recognize that women are a significant portion of the population and envision getting more women into the sport and support because of this obvious reason.
3. They recognize that you have to Know Thy Market. Knowing how to market to different population segments is key to success; we’re marketing to women experts, hence the invite.
4. They understand that while they found me via Women Enjoying Beer – and there’s a strong connection of beer and biking – there is much to be gained in bringing in and hiring an expert to address a topic that is universally important, across categories.
5. I get to enter the room on a mountain bike. (Good sports to be sure!)
It’s always refreshing to get to work with people like Jennifer, Nicole and Darren at Crankworx since they see the vision. And as Simon Sinek states, and which I agree with, a vision is something that you need to be able to see.
They want to see the success of their beloved industry; they want to see more people in general come into the fray; and they want to learn how to successfully market to women.
Oh – and I think we may do an extra beer tasting event as well…why not. Join us.
Cheers to all of that! Ride on.