All of these were edutainment sessions I lead at last weekend’s inaugural Rogue Valley Wine (Beer) and Food Fest. As promised, we post the menus instead of handing out papers that invariably get recycled and not used.
Thanks to Lillie Belle Chocolates and Full Sail Brewing for the donation of their goods for the sessions. We’re also glad to feature the high quality Rogue Creamery cheese. Plus a thank you to Harry & David for letting us use their cool stage set up for best guest experience – Tim, Jeff, Kari, Brenda and crew. As well as Chateau of Hidden Jungle for his help with the beer.
Enjoy these ideas ~
- Full Sail Phil’s Existential Alt with Lillie Belle Perfect Illusion chocolate
- Full Sail Session Black with Lillie Belle Purple Haze chocolate
- Walk About IPA with Lillie Belle Lavender sea salt caramel
Beer and Cheese:
- Rumiano whole Monterey Jack cheese with Walkabout IPA
- Rumiano New York Sharp Cheddar with LTD 5
- Rogue Creamery Flora Nelle blue with Full Sail Alt
Cooking with Beer:
The ideas here are innumerable and I riffed on using beer in all sorts of cooking applications. In addition to these I shared, here are a few more:
- Dressings made with porters like a deep rich balsamic vinaigrette
- Roasting red meats with deeply fruity beers
- Quick breads with Belgians and hefeweizens
- Sauces and reductions with flavors that fit