My good and long standing friend KP and I used to joke about having our own radio show someday. This idea stemmed from our conversations when we were together – they were always lots of fun, funny, and usually got other people laughing too. We have easy banter, can talk about lightweight and substantial stuff equally and above all want to have fun with it.
Fast forward to now. KP is still a very good friend and I now have a radio show. She’s already agreed to be a guest one day soon.
BeerRadio is the show WEB launched ala our community radio station, KSKSQ.org, in February of 2011. At first I was thinking of recording it 2 times a month. Well, I quickly understood what a great fit it is so we’re live every week now. We run from 5 – 6 pm every Wednesday, usually from my World HQ base location in Southern Oregon and sometimes from the field.
- 6.29.11 Josh Brewer, Brewmaster Mother Earth Brewing
- 6.22.11 Larry Chase, Brewmaster Standing Stone Brewing Company
- 6.8.11 Nicole Kasten, Portland Beer and Music
- 5.25.11 Julie Wartell, PubQuest
- 5.11.11 Sue Shulters, Home brewer
- 5.4.11 Sarah Huska, Cicerone Certification Program
- 4.27.11 Renee DeLuca, Brewers Daughter
- 4.20.11 Live from Portland OR, Angelo De Ieso, Brewpublic
- 4.13.11 Deverie Hart, HurraBier
- 4.6.11 John Holl, BeerBriefing.com, accomplished writer/journalist, co-author Indiana Breweries
- 3.23.11 Live from San Francisco, including impromptu guests Tom McCormick of the CSBA
If you like what you hear – no matter the station or topic matter – support it monetarily. Send in a donation, underwrite the program, buy an ad or volunteer to help the station survive and keep affording the community the resource you value.
All of these shows are archived by one of my fabulous radio station colleagues (thanks Wayno!!) and permanently accessible via the Program Archives. You can stream them live from the station website too.
Like I say when we throw a get together, the guests make the party. Thanks to all the fine guests we’ve had and the ones coming up. We’ll keep knocking on doors of beer community members who want to enjoy an hour’s worth of conversation about them, their relationship with beer and different topics that come up. We try to ask questions that are not necessarily already talked about and it’s relaxed and very informational.
Thanks also to Jason and Carson of KSKQ who took a chance on BeerRadio. Cheers gents ~
p.s. Lisa’s Beer O’Clock is a terrific listen too!