This afternoon found 26 guests, 9 hosts and myself at our Marketing Beer To Women workshop. We’re holding them pre-CBC and pre-GABF to really deliver useful insight on how to successfully market to the most influential population on the planet: Females.
These workshops are free with a refundable deposit required to hold required reservations – making sure we’re both vested in the event. The first time we held it we had all 40 show; today 25 of 26 were present and listening.
Here’s the deal in marketing to women:
1. Females make up the majority of the human population.
2. Marketing is communicating. You better know how to communicate with all the target markets you wish to engage.
3. It’s about opportunity – not gender.
WEB was launched 6 years ago. I looked around and wondered “why aren’t more women enjoying beer?” That seemingly humble question has propelled and motivated us to delve into that question and the myriad replies and insights women want to share.
In 2012 we offered a voluntary Women + Beer Survey – over 240 women all across the North American continent replied with heartfelt and specific input. I could tell they were felling *finally!!* some one is asking me what I think about beer. The flood of input was encouraging, fascinating, incredible, and useful. (here’s a link to the original post)
Marketing beer is about knowing your audience and clientele, as is marketing for all goods and services, organizations and associations. Know your market. Pursue it correctly. Have fun and be successful. In that order. The workshop today covered a lot of ground, based in our qualitative research an don specific Women + Beer survey reports.
- Thank you to The Neenan Company for their First Pint sponsorship – all attendees were treated to a fresh beer at the workshop.
- Thank you to Black Shirt Brewing for being our host location. Carissa, Chad, Mary, Casey and crew were on top of things, have a clean brewhouse and taproom and it was a conducive space for education.
Call on WEB when you’re ready to skyrocket your success in marketing to women. We’ll come to you, educate, enlighten, assist your internal and external growth. After all, we’re about Bringing Beer To Life.