As promised yesterday, here are some Beer & Health resources that others have generously shared with me.
- California Craft Brewers Association, suggested by Moonlight Brewing
- Peer-reviewed medical information is PubMed, the “card catalog” for the US National Library of Medicine, via a Physician Assistant/former non-viral gene therapy researcher
- MBAA Beer Steward Certification, from George Reisch, ABI
- Book: “Beer in Health and Disease Prevention”, edited by Victor R. Preedy, recommended Long Trail Brewing
- The Goodness of Beer, penned by the venerable Dr. Charlie Bamforth, on Craftbeer.com, thanks for the heads up by Chris Swersey, BA. Also suggested: To Your Health, and Hops Health and Beer on CB.com
- ABMRF/The Foundation for Alcohol Research, also recommended by Chris Swersey
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, also recommended by Chris Swersey
- Study linking bone health and beer, recommended by Chris Swersey
- European Journal of Cancer, recommended by Greg Schlichting, Declaration Brewing Company
- Beer and health article, recommended by Greg Schlichting
- Beer and Health, by Finn Knudsen
A few other folks chimed in and provided personal experience and insight, though no other resources. Thanks to them all. I hope you find this helpful in your pursuit of beer and health connections.
NOTE: I’ve not had time to yet read or look into all of them, so do your own diligence.