If you’re someone who wants to contribute to progress of gender equity, if you like to speak up and be heard, if you enjoy beer, if you give a damn – here’s an opportunity for you.
Superbowl 2015 Research Project
Pursuit: Gender Equity as it relates to beer marketing and advertising.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All research WEB has ever conducted remains confidential. No identifying factors beyond geographic locale are ever used. Rest assured all reputable researchers work this way.
We’re asking for the following.
- Female and male volunteers, must be at least legal drinking age in your country of residence to execute a 3-stage project pre-Super Bowl (2/1/15), day of, and follow-up shortly there after.
- Must be honest and both include opinions and suspend judgement – simply examine and report on certain facets. BE VERY SPECIFIC.
- Want to complete all three stages of the project, be as specific as possible and return requested insight in a timely fashion.
WEB will use this information in various platforms to educate and inform.
If you’re interested, please go forth as you best choose with the directions below. Thank you in advance for everyone who wishes to jump into this project. Your input matters.
Shop Before the Super Bowl: Head to the retailers, breweries and shops – all places where beer is for sale are fair game. Make notes of the displays, take pictures when you can, record your comments. The following get you started, enhance as you wish.
- How do you feel about the display?
- What facts about the beer can you actually get from the display?
- What’s good about the display/s?
- What would you change to be more gender balanced?
- Do these display/s motivate you to buy the beer – or not?
- What do you like, what don’t you like, what would you change if it were either your store or your beer?
- What suggestions would you offer the retailer, wholesaler, or brands?
- What does it make you think about the beer itself?
Please note: Brands, locations, day/time of day, all information you find relevant to the situation.
Write or otherwise record your impressions and thoughts and get them to us: email@example.com when complete.
Please include with your thoughts: Name, gender you identify with, email address you’ll be using, and geographic location (state, province, etc.)
Watch the Super Bowl: Wherever you choose to watch, please note the following and add as you see fit.
- What beer brands are actually shown during the Super Bowl?
- If you’re watching pre-game or post game – note them clearly.
- What messages do you think the TV beer ads during Super Bowl are trying to communicate? How do the ads relate to you?
- Removing any humor, are they respectful of all genders?
- Specific comments on gender and the beer ads are desired.
- Which ads, if any, make you want to buy and consumer the beer they are advertising?
- Which beer ads do you enjoy and why?
- Which beer ads do you not enjoy and why?
Please record the impressions about; be as specific as possible. Get them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately following or with all three stages.
Include with your thoughts: Name, gender you identify with, email address you’ll be using, and geographic location (state, province, etc.)
- Post Super Bowl: Write down your impressions and thoughts about the following, include your additional thoughts and insights as desired.
- Which beer ads during Super Bowl will or have already affected your beer buying and consuming and how?
- What brands and brand impressions did they leave you with?
- What impressions do you have about the companies who make the beers advertised during the Super Bowl?
- What feedback would you send to beer companies, beer marketers, and beer advertisers as it relates to you, gender and beer based on their ads?
Due Dates: Send each Stage as you complete it if you wish, or send it all as one project when completed. Be sure to include your name, best email to reach you, gender you identify with, and geographic location (states, provinces, etc. + country).
BONUS: Describe your ideal TV beer advertisement.
We would request you reply by February 9th to email@example.com and will start compiling as soon as material starts coming in.
This is a qualitative research study: No close-ended forms or survey formats this time. Simply your unvarnished and honest and professional feedback as you wish to give it. Yes to emotions, no to ranting.
We’ll send everyone who completes the study a small thank you gift if you include a best mailing address to do so. We’re grateful for the insight and will utilize it well.
Thank you very much for the consideration and participation. Have fun with it – share this with as many people as you wish.