We’re curious beings, we humans. As with many species we watch, inquire, investigate and explore. Go with that impulse.
The number one person you should be talking with is your customer. In specific, if you’re in the beer business, talking to women customers, buyers and drinkers.
Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Women make up fully half the population. Include this powerful group of people in your brand conversations and marketing.
2. American women make between 75 – 85% of all purchasing decisions, across categories. You want them to buy? Then engage them. Visit Marti’s site for more affirmation. Faith’s work is insightful as well.
3. Women like to talk about their experiences. We’ve heard before a positive experience gets chatted about and a negative one spreads like wildfire. Go for the steady chatter pattern.
4. With all the talk about growing the beer business, I’ve yet to see brands really slap their forehead and exclaim “WOW! Why haven’t we thought about women before?!” Why indeed.
5. Beer needs women. Having equitable representation in the consumer pool as well as in the professional arena is critical to a better global equilibrium, better for societies as a whole, and again representational of the actual population.
Talk to your female customers about beer. Ask them open-ended questions, be mindful of their time, and thank them for their input. NEVER argue. Always educate.
Need help figuring this landscape out? Call us. As the industry leaders of women + beer, there’s much we can do together for your success, starting with her first.