Swag. Schwag, Goodies. Tchotchkes. Promotional products.
Whatever you call them, how do women perceive and receive goodies (my favorite term)? Goodies should, by the whole intent, be items a recipient wants to get.
From the female beer enthusiasts perspective here are some considerations as you consider goodies to give away:
- Is it useful?
- It is creative or unique – will I get this item from yet another brewery/distributor/bar? (yawn!)
- Is it made with sustainability in mind?
- Is it durable? (disposable never really ‘goes away’ – it just clutters up our planet)
- How does it relate to the brand?
- Is it relevant to me?
- Is it a female fit or is it a unisex or men’s size (no women’s?? WRONG move….)
Giving away goodies can be a very positive reinforcer. Make sure you’re putting thought into how it relates to your brand, it’s usefulness to her, and its long term value and durability.
The world does not need any more foam – koozies or otherwise. Make it make sense to her and your beer.