There are great people everywhere. I truly believe that.
And when I get to work with and around them, it makes it all for motivating.
Last weekend found me participating in a women + beer event in the lovely state of North Dakota, at the McQuade Distributing Company HQ with 3rd generation company president and very inspiring person, Shannon McQuade-Ely.
Shannon and I have worked together before and it was with particular relish and enthusiasm I was asked to help put together (possibly a first for ND) a women and beer + food fundraiser. What a success it was!!
- Roomy room, 63 women present to support a cause, try new things, and meet new people.
- 4 beers, 1 cider, food tastes to match them all.
- Sunday afternoon, 4 – 6 pm.
Suffice it to say, they were lined up outside well before we started (RSVP’s were required), the seats were full of engaged women of all ages and knowledge levels, and they eagerly embraced the event. Knowing in my gut it was going to be a home run, I was thrilled when it actually happened.
You can tell the success level of an event, to a certain extent, with the noise level – particularly if you have to regularly ask people to quiet down. It’s a good sign because that means everyone’s chatting and have a great time. Great time = success. I had to shush often (and always allow open times for guests to chat unhindered…it’s good to get people talking).
A special thanks to Shannon and the whole McQuade’s team and all the people who bought tickets. We’ll surely do it again with increased success. The fuse has been ignited, there’s no keeping smart and flavor seeking women back!
Here’s the menu we enjoyed:
- Stella Cidre with fresh pears and apples
- Deschutes Twilight with unsalted mixed nuts and Dot’s pretzels
- Bell’s Oberon with Ruby Red grapefruit and navel oranges
- New Belgium La Folie with cheeses: havarti, applewood smoked cheddar, Jarlsberg, & blue
- New Holland Dragon’s Milk with “people puppy chow” and caramels