The Texas Restaurant Association hosts the 2nd largest restaurant show in America. Having been invited to present on various educational stages the last two years, I can testify it’s a biggie.
All Texas jokes aside, they hit many nails on the head as far as beer in concerned. For instance:
- The size of the craft beverage pavilion doubled from 2015 to 2016.
- They dedicated funds to bring an expert in (me) to deliver talks related to beer in the restaurant business.
- They actively invited media based on what’s going on in the beverage categories, beer and other choices.
Beer is pretty darn remarkable. As I tell audiences, it’s amazing incredible beer. And it’s just beer.
Beer comes to life when we foster, nurture and support all beer. Part of all of these is education. And with a nod to the opening post title above, knowing matters. Knowing includes all the classic journalistic questions that accompany a healthy relationship with beer.
- Who – makes it, drinks it, supports it, wants to bring it down
- What – beer & all its myriad possible ingredients
- Why – because (originally) it sanitized water rendering it safe to drink, now – flavor, status, refreshment
- When – in moderation, daily, weekly, frequency is a factor
- Where – where legal, in social gatherings, at home
- How – carefully, thoughtfully, responsibly
The TRA and beer providing the platform for its members and visitors at the show to know. I’m glad to be a part of what can help them equal success.
There’s nothing better than knowing what’s going on in our world around us – and it’s up to us to stay in tune. Get out there, get educated and you’ll support beer overall. Thanks.