If you’re a woman who has an opinion or two about beer, then we want to hear from you!
Women Enjoying Beer is creating a report that will be delivered to and available to various professional audiences all over to help them address women and their relationship with beer.
Background info requested: specific state and country where you live (city is fine if you want to share it too), estimated length of time you’ve enjoyed consuming beer, number of people in your household, pastimes and affinity groups you’re part of. This info will be kept private, and never shared or given to any parties. Ever.
We’re looking for representation from all 50 United States, U.S. Territories and Associated States including: American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Midway Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Republic of Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands
We welcome and encourage all women around the globe to contribute. This is a viral invite: feel very free to forward it to women you know, wherever they may be. (thank you)
Please consider these queries carefully. While flippant answers are funny, what we’re asking for are thorough true responses to the posed ideas. You can write as little or as much as you wish – we’ll edit and compile regardless of what we get. Note: The more thorough the response, the more insight you provide the more powerful and useful insight WEB can bring to the professional beer community to properly address women as a powerful voice and market, promoting respect and progress.
Women Enjoying Beer is the only business that is focused on women and beer starting with the female consumer first. “Consumer” can mean the buyer and or the actual drinker. WEB collects qualitative psychographic information; suffice it to say – we’re looking for the reasons why you do and don’t do things; in this case it’s in relation to beer as a woman. (If you’re a man please forward this to the valuable women in your life – thank you).
UPDATE: Valuable information is always welcome. Submit as you wish – keep sharing it with friends. Of course we’ll accept them anytime. The first main collection is intact – and we’ll simply keep adding to it.
You can reply via email (Ginger (at) WomenEnjoyingBeer (dot) com, cut and paste in the body of an email, or create a separate document.
Scale of ROS (Return On Survey). We want to thank you for making time in your day to respond. If you include an accurate mailing address, here’s what we’ll send you as a token of our thanks:
- Complete responses to 10 – 15 = 3” full color WEB sticker
- Complete responses to 16 – 25 = 5” full color WEB sticker
- Complete responses to 26 – 40 = 5” full color sticker and WEB (recycled) pencil
- Complete responses to all 50 = 3” & 5” full color WEB sticker and (recycled) pencil
Even if you’ve answered these before, opinions and habits, practices and thoughts evolve. Please consider contributing again. I realize it’s a lot to ask. Know we are extremely grateful for your contributions, however extensive or minimal they are. We understand you’re busy – we are too. We’re working to shift culture and you can help.
Settle in with a delicious beer and have fun with it. Our sincere thanks for all contributions. It’s truly an honor to amplify your voice.
With much gratitude,
Ginger Johnson, Founder, Women Enjoying Beer
- Why do you drink beer?
- Why do you like beer?
- What kinds of beers do you like?
- How often to you drink beer and what helps dictate that pattern (however varied)?
- What would compel you to try a beer you haven’t tried before?
- What dictates when you choose what beer?
- What do you want from your beer? Conversely, what don’t you want from your beer?
- What kind of beer education or social beer opportunities would you like to take advantage of?
- How do you want the beer companies to address/acknowledge you as a female beer drinker?
- What kind of atmosphere do you prefer when you drink beer?
- What are some elements of atmosphere that turn you off, even to the point of not patronizing a place because of them?
- What do you think about present beer marketing and advertising as it relates to you as a woman?
- Does size matter for your beer?
- If I use the word “craft: beer, what does that mean to you?
- If you use the term “craft” how do you define non-craft beer?
- Do you drink any combination of beer, wine and spirits (please specify if so)?
- Do you find learning about beer to have any roadblock for you? If so – what are they?
- What kinds of establishments do you patronize to drink beer and why do you choose them?
- What kinds of establishments will you avoid when you want to drink beer and why?
- What would you say is a rough percentage breakdown of drinking beer in your own home, drinking beer out, and drinking at friends’ (non public establishments)?
- Does weather affect your beer habits and if so how?
- Have you ever homebrewed?
- If you’re a home brewer or live with one, will you take those beers with you to places and people? Tell us about why you do or don’t.
- If you have homebrewed, tell us why you tried it or why you currently do it (however sporadic).
- What other factors affect your buying and or consumption of beer?
- Will you travel to try a beer and if so why; if no – why not?
- How far will you travel to get a beer and what are the factors you consider in doing so?
- What do you drink when you travel?
- Have you ever expressly taken a trip with a focus on beer in any way? Tell us about it.
- Where do you shop for your beer?
- If you’re a cross drinker (drink beer, wine and spirits) what is the breakdown percentage wise of how often you choose each of the 3 drinks?
- Are there any beers you won’t try or buy? Why?
- Please tell us what you think or know what beer distributors do.
- What kind of beer marketing do you notice and why?
- Where do you notice beer marketing, in any formats (billboards, TV, magazines, online, posters, packaging, etc.)?
- Why do you notice the beer marketing you do?
- Tell us if you think current beer marketing is inclusive of women and why (or why not).
- What kind/s of marketing – in any category – gets your attention and why?
- How do you want to be marketed to as a woman who enjoys beer?
- What can a beer oriented company do to get your attention?
- Do you use any social media platforms – if so which ones; if no why not?
- When are you likely to buy a beer solely based on an advertising campaign or marketing effort?
- What does a beer company, restaurant, bar or distributor have to do to get you to buy from them more than once?
- Are you loyal to any brands (or any sort) and if so why? If not why not?
- Do you want to know the story of the beer business and why or why not?
- How does knowing anything about the beer company influence your purchasing of their products?
- Do you want to know about beer company’s fiscal, social, and environmental practices – why or why not?
- Are you the primary caregiver of your household? Do you buy the majority of all products for the household?
- Does a care giving role influence your relationship and consumption of beer? If so how so, if not, please explain.
- What about your lifestyle and family (however large or compact) affects or influences your beer consumption?
Additional comments and ideas welcome.
5 comments »